Oct 31, 2007

Reminiscence of J-B

I still remember the good old days when pop was the "in" thing..
Before you go huh? this post is not about Johor Bahru (J-B), lol.
Where was I? Yes, boybands and pop singers.

Those were the days where we love (or still love!) Westlife, 911, NSync, Britney Spears....
And this post I dedicate it to J-B.


Justin Timberlake and Britney Spears.

(A roaring sound of laughter*)


J & B: Yeah man, what a joke!

Yes, it might sound a bit too random. I mean, they* were so YESTERDAY, why? To answer a some "anticipated" questions, well:

1) Was I a fan of J-B?

No. I didn't care about this pairing. I don't even like JT. haha. (I'm serious)

2) Why now?

Call me random if you want. I just felt like doing it. So yeah.. :)

Let's do a bit of recap, some of us might be quite in the dark right now. haha..



Happy times: When they were an "item"
Yipeee!

When they reached a crossroad* :p, well Britney did "Crossroads", her debut film, if I'm not mistaken. No prizes for guessing, they broke up after that. 2000 or was it 2001?

What was the reason, well, no one really knew? Speculations were that Britney cheated on him.. bla..bla..bla.. and likewise...



And so Justin wrote this song: Cry me a River (well, he didn't say it was about her, but people kinda guessed it- surprisingly it was kinda the "trend" where people write songs abt each other- "kutuk"-ing obviously) Note: Such childish act!

The song goes like this:

(Chorus)
You told me you lov
ed me
Why did you leave me, all alone
Now you tell me you need me
When you call me, on the phone
Girl I refuse, you must have me confused

With some other guy
Your bridges were burned, and now it's your turn
To cry, cry me a river
Cry me a river-er

Cry me a river
Cry me a river-er, yea yea


So yeah, all hell breaks lose. Basically, the war begun.
Mr-I-sing-about-my-ex-yes-me-being-childish

VS

Ms "Crazy'-proving-to-my-ex-I-can-stand-w/o-him!


Suffice to say that both had their rough patches after that.
Although, things became great for Justin.

Part of it was the song: Cry me a river (I mean speaking about channeling your anger towards your work, and great publicity, why not?)


And so, Justin became Mr Sexy Back.

but unfortunately for Britney...


Let's just say.. she's gone through a lot..(no, you may not start bashing her!)


Despite all childish getting back at each other, Justin surprisingly defended her during the case of Britney's children. Here's the video.

What do you think? I think it was sweet, after all that bashing (Justin.. Justin...)


I mean Stinky and Pinky were so sweet together...


And Justin could do better than a "cradle-snatcher"
Or Jessica Biel.. (blek)




Remember us this way...

It started as a childhood friendship/romance and fame broke it apart. They could've make it through... But I guess they failed. You could never turn back time. But well, just remember the moments that they've shared.

Like them, we might have our own regrets and something we might have let go in the past, but remember the "moment" and cherish it.

To Justin and Britney.
and to you.


Remember me this way



Not so sappy version- Umbrella ( I cater to all needs- haha)


0 spoken:

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist A' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP