Oct 27, 2007

If it wasn't this, it would be something else.

Again, I'm on my blogging mode: except that I should be posting something else rather than this. But that needs more time to plan, so yeah. :p

I was in my contemplative mode again. Well, I'm not sure whether it is or not, but when I'm alone, I guess thoughts just flow in. Today, spending the whole day at home, doing my weekly laundry (oops.. I skipped a week. but that's not the point), spending time alone, making my own breakfast and on my computer.

19 years of life, I have been meeting new people every single day. Passerby, strangers, acquaintance, friends, family, I've come to sort-of learn their characteristics, and personality, well by comparing them with what I am today, the product of my parents' upbringing, plus some issues of my own (I might add).

I was flipping through some random magazine, and there were pictures of beautiful models (regardless whether these girls had freaking thick makeup on or not, they looked beautiful on it)
I looked back at myself (literally, of course) I was certain that I'm not anywhere near them.

A few questions came to my mind. I was asking myself:

What is like to be like them?
What if I was like that?
Would it be different?
If I were a spoiled brat?
If I were Miss Perfect?
If everything is given to me on a silver platter?
Should I be happy with the way I am?
Or could be the opposite?


All our life, we have been conditioned to take a judgment. "Ewww.. That's the ugliest thing I've ever seen", "Did you noticed what she was wearing? O-M-G!", or "She's such a B****!" etc...
Tell me now, how many of us actually gone through a day without having judgment on others/things?

People are just the way they are. I've come to learn :

1) to never try to be God and change people
2) to not ignore/avoid people/issues that is against your principles
3) to not be kicking myself because I'm not perfect.

Believe me, it wasn't easy at all... (esp no.3) Imagine we can all go into depression just by our low self esteem, or by just putting burden on ourselves, blaming yourself because things didn't turn out right... Just look at the newspaper headlines (you can already be a lil depressed), imagine what your thoughts can do to you.


What if??

What if I was Paris? Heiress... A social elite... Living in nothing but riches.. Jailed at least once... Or being famous for my sex videotape?


What if I was her? Hot bod, long legs, internationally recognized supermodel...


Or her? Having an opportunity to stay in a foreign country, to train to be a singer. Leaving behind the normal way of growing up, without friends my age? Sacrificing my childhood for my dreams and passion?


Or be as pretty as her? Loved by many... and likewise. Being able to be someone else, although for a short period of time?


A chance to attend grand launchings, and loved by paparazzis? My name on headlines, appearing in magazines, newspapers, internet... ?

From the top: Paris Hilton, Gisele Bundchen, BoA, Song Hye Kyo, Lee Yeon Hee.


Her face is a map of
the world
Is a map of the world
You can see she's a beautiful girl
She's a beautiful girl
And everything around her is a silver pool of light
The people who surround her feel the benefit of it
It makes you calm
She holds you captivated in her palm

Suddenly I see (Suddenly I see)
This is what I wanna be
Suddenly I see (Suddenly I see)
Why the hell it means so much to me

I feel like walking the world
Like walking the world
You can hear she's a beautiful girl
She's a beautiful girl
She fills up every corner like she's born in black and white
Makes you feel warmer when you're trying to remember
What you heard
She likes to leave you hanging on her word

And she's taller than most
And she's looking at me
I can see her eyes looking from a page in a magazine
Oh she makes me feel like I could be a tower
A big strong tower
She got the power to be
The power to give
The power to see

-KT Tunstall-


Side note: Credit pictures to Yahoo. :) Don't get me wrong, I actually admire all the celebrities that I posted in this entry.


0 spoken:

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist A' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP