Apr 21, 2009

something bigger than yourself



You know that kind of feeling; you need to go some place and just 'great' because you happened to get stuck? Now add that with a hairstyle gone wrong.

No problem, let's move on!

I just want to talk about my current state of hair. You go to a saloon and you did a body perm and you realize, "Uh oh" Maybe it's not for me. And you're most probably right.

My point: Since college, I have been quite adventurous with my hairstyle after the first dare- well, everything else was history. I went blonde, I had a pixie cut, straightened it for the 100th time, long, medium, copper to chestnut, and the latest perm.

My main point is, we make mistakes. We make the wrong hairstyle choice, we make wrong decisions in life, we go round in circles, doing the same thing and expecting different results. Now that I know a body perm doesn't work well with my hair, I would definitely know better to avoid it the next time.

Also, my question is: When are you going to wake up and change?

Not everybody changes for the better. I changed my hairstyle, it was a tad bit of a disaster, and I learn from it.

Change is uncomfortable. Change is inevitable. Change is for the good.

We want a change in politics, we want a change of lifestyle; but yet a lot of people don't vote, and a lot of people are still doing the same thing.

Well, if that isn't insanity; I really don't know what it is. :/

So, once again, this makes a lot of sense to me, because I can relate something bigger than me; my hair. Haha. This is so Legally Blonde- moment; well at least I think it is.


If You Think You Can, You Can

(This excerpt was taken from Denis Waitley's Seeds of Greatness Treasury)

You can be a total winner, even if you're a beginner
If you think you can you can, if you think you can you can
You can wear the gold medallion, you can ride your own black stallion
If you think you can you can, if you think you can you can

It's not your talent or the gifted birth
It's not your bank book that determines worth
It isn't in your gender or the color of your skin
It's your attitude that lets you win

You can live with "coulds" or "shoulds," or be like Tiger Woods
If you think you can you can, if you think you can you can
Even if you're hesitant, you can be a woman President
If you think you can you can, if you think you can you can

It doesn't matter what you've done before
It makes no difference what the halftime score
It's never over 'til the final gun
So keep on trying and you'll find you've won

Just grab your dream and then believe it
Go out and work, and you'll achieve it
If you think you can, you can
If you think you can, you can

-- Denis Waitley--


blog comments powered by Disqus

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist A' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP