Jan 6, 2009

60 seconds to fame

You need 10 minutes to shower but only 1 minute to determine your success.


How is that even possible?

I have read Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking, and I have watch a fair share reality shows from American Idol to America's Next Top Model to Survivor ;) How do you know that person is going to go far- getting into finals- to sum it- be successful? How can you tell?

A case study in Blink shares the power of thin-slicing where one can differentiate a fake art when everyone thinks it's real (or want to believe it's real, and nothing less). How Pepsi manages to penetrate into Coca-cola's market? None other than creating a thin-slicing product.

Today I read an article that came in my email entitled: One-Minute Excellence. (Click to read) What is it all about? Just like the author wrote: "In short, you do it and it's done". In my own interpretation, it's that split second decision to either grab that opportunity, that determines your success or failure.

The point of my whole point is the point that I want to point out. How many points are there? ;p

Okay, the point is, if you really want to change, if you can sacrifice, if you can take the risk, if you want to be healthy, if you want to live life to the fullest; it only takes a minute. So the next time an opportunity comes knocking on the door and want 1 minute from you, will you just say YES?

My personal story was, yes, I sacrificed that 1 minute, and I didn't regret it. Okay, it didn't take me 1 minute, but a few minutes or maybe hours because you can decide and I'm sure you're smart enough to know whether it is for you. It didn't take me 1 minute but I opened my mind to a lot of "1 minute" and I decided on one. So, moral of the story is nobody gets it right the first "minute". Like life, you go through hard knocks and trials, to get it right.


The only thing you need to do is to [close your eyes] but keep your mind wide open. -Bridge to Terabithia-

You never know when is it coming, but if you're prepared and happens to be the right person and at the right time and with the right passion, just jump onto the surf board and ride along the waves.

Make this 2009 a great year.
It's in your hands.
Just follow your heart.
First step to success is never comfortable at first.
Be well, body.mind.spirit.
You're going to need a lot of energy.
How you do anything, is how you do everything.
Baby steps. Don't rush! But pounce on every opp!
Oh, for the love of mankind, just do it!
"Yes, we can!" ;)

blog comments powered by Disqus

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist A' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP