Oct 29, 2009

I used to think...



There was this confusion because when I moved out from my previous phase of life, it's this part of what we are taught to not "forget our roots" and personal development that says a lot about the power of association and we all know "the birds of the same feathers flock together".

And there I was in the situation where I'm glad I left some things in the past and has since then moved on, there's this guilt or I would refer it more of a confusion really.

I couldn't have said it better than this quote I found some time back, "Don't worry about the people from your past, there is a reason they didn't make it to your future".

The most permanent thing is this world is change. Change of decisions, change of philosophies; it's like changing of clothes, literally.

Just 20 years ago, South Korea literally didn't have any bridges, now they have around 18 of them. The girls on SATC and GG don't repeat their clothes so did my Chemistry teacher back in high school who doesn't wear the same outfit one month at least.

If all these changes could happen, it's the same for human beings and their fickle mindedness. You know when you see a friend that suddenly has a new interest and joins a different clique? I think it's not a real problem because she or he has simply changed his values, or philosophies that may not be the same as yours.

It's normal we feel envious or turn our backs and say, "She used to be nice..." I begin to come to terms that we cannot please everybody.

Not everybody, maybe no one would be happy that you will be somewhere, someone one day. Now I understand why is it so important for you to recognize your own ability and give yourself a pat on the back instead of waiting for someone to say, "Good Job" (although a sincere comment would be really nice).

Well, it's ONE life, our life. If we can sleep like a baby at night, not having evil thoughts or jealousy or hatred towards others and yourself, give yourself a good pat on the shoulders. I would even suggest for you to have your own gratitude list; thanking whatever that comes your way.

You are what you vibrate, you are what you magnify.

blog comments powered by Disqus

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist A' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP