Jul 20, 2009

You think this song is about you, don't you?

We often discuss, debate, complain, having opinions about what's happening in the world. The war, the murders, global warming, this and that, even the noise your neighbors make, or how irritating a person can be. Don't worry, this is not about them, or you.

It's about me.

Yup, you heard it right. Me, myself and I.

The past 6 months has been a great ride for me. Excitement, frustration, challenges, fun, all in one. And when we often face all those that I mentioned above, you would tend to go, "Why does it happen to me?" "Why me?" Like it's not happening to anyone else but yourself. The problem is everyone thinks that way, so, it is okay.

The thing is, all these "external" things happening to ourselves, and most of the time, the only thing we can do is blame. "It's you, not me" although the words come out differently. It's always how you make me feel, how the world is changing that is affecting me, how people treat you affects your mood, how you're putting on weight and you're blaming McDonald's, the list goes on and on.


I don't know about you, but I think I'm going take today, to do what I'm supposed to do. If I needed to lose that few pounds, I'm going exercise 30 minutes, three times a day. If I'm going to make a lot of money, I need to do something that's going to work for me, if 3 liters is what I need, I'm going to drink 3 liters of water, if I need to read one more book, listen to one more audio, I will.


Truth is, I'm tired of complaining. We're often tired from hearing complaints, but don't you think, the real fatigue comes from our own? I believe our mind can only do one thing, find a solution, or make excuses. So, which one?

Find your center, know yourself, find your direction, decide on one, and move towards it. No point doing the same thing over again, and expect different results. Hell with pride, to hell with "I know this is my "destiny" but I'm silently suffering. Nothing is worth it if it's taking a toll on ourselves. If you want a better tomorrow, then do something!

It's not whether if I should, or I could, it's I will, and I would.

There isn't a bigger hypocrite than "sacrifice" oneself before saving yourself first.

blog comments powered by Disqus

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist A' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP