Apr 16, 2009

don't dance around it

I've noticed that it's only human nature that we do things out of emotion, & often influenced to do act the way you act.

So much for logic and facts, don't bother, because when you decide on doing something, buying something, you decide immediately like this:-

I see it. I like it. It feels good. I heard it's good. I buy it/ I do it.

When was the last time you look at the fruits/vege section at the Supermarket, that you went, "Oh, I should get some tomatoes because of the high lycopene in it?"

The power of influence:- Something you read. Something someone told you. An advertisement.

"Do you know tomatoes improve your skin complexion?"
"Hey xxx, I've been drinking tomato juice every morning and I feel great!"

Don't tell me you walk into Starbucks because it's the only place that serves coffee. 7-11 does. Any eating joint does.

But:-

Starbucks is hip. They have cooler names, like Frappuccino, and Caramel Macchiato, free WIFI, nice music.

When you think like that it means when you walk into Starbucks, you're not just buying any drinks, you're buying the concept, the experience.

You see it. You like it. Someone tells you their Caramel Macchiato is to die for. You buy it.

****

Think about your bff, or someone you're really close with.

First impression when they're strangers to you. You despise that cocky look, that horrendous outfit, & a million other pre-judgments that was going on in that head of yours.

Then they introduced themselves. Likewise.

They tell you, "Hey, that's a cool shirt, is it from xxx?"
And you tell them you shop online. "Oh really? I do too! My fav is YYY.com!"
And you go all excited because you meet someone with the same interest.

And long story short, hate to love, strangers to bff!

Oh, for Public Relations major: HAPI--> SIAK!
Oh, how I missed those lectures.

***

It's the same theory used over and over again- used as a persuasion factor- in every decision making you do; it doesn't matter whether you like it or not.

****

You despise something, but because of other factors, you suddenly find yourself compromising, "Yea, maybe it's not so bad".

Case in point: Relationships. Give and take. Word.

****

and the whole point is don't dance around it. it makes perfect sense in my imperfect world. .x

blog comments powered by Disqus

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist A' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP