Nov 16, 2008

what i love most about river is

What I love most about rivers is:
You can't step in the same river twice
The water's always changing, always flowing
But people, I guess, can't live like that
We all must pay a price
To be safe, we lose our chance of ever knowing
What's around the riverbend
Waiting just around the riverbend

lyrics: just around the riverbend


credit: pic

I think one of my many first music exposure was Pocahontas, alongside Lion King, mostly Disney movies soundtrack as a child. I remember having my own Pocahontas' cassette and lyrics- sing-along book and I would listen to it all the time.

It was one of those movies that opened my eyes to how one put aside their differences; one of the first star-crossed lovers stories before I was introduced to Romeo & Juliet later on.

I stumbled across this song when I was browsing for piano sheets and memories of my childhood come flooding in once again; it was sweet because you know you grew up with it, of course, not knowing what it really meant, but now you can look back and see how it actually registered and affected your life at the present.

We always think we're meant to do something, or maybe just a make believe "destiny"; you know life has been laid down before you, you've got it all planned, you know you're going to be a doctor, a lawyer, for instance, but in the process, you will have to stop and reflect, whether this is going to be it. Do you really want to do this?

Crossroads; it's either the road less travelled or the one you grow up to know and be familliar with?

Well, I can say this now because I think I've gone through as a child till now, having almost 20 "possible" careers filled in those cards at school, when they ask you to state your ambitions? So far, I've written down that I wanted to be a vet, a writer, a lawyer, a teacher! , a forensic scientist (what was I thinking?), a journalist, and a fashion designer, for goodness sake! and probably a lot more others.

Mind you, I was and still am an idealist, so you know, save the world (from fashion disaster, haha), make it a better place to live in, for justice! Gosh, I think most of us have been there, done that, eh?



credit: tracy reese

I thought I knew what I wanted to be. I was SO determined to take up fashion designing, that I took up Arts (I was a Science student). Oh, I was glad that I went through it, I didn't think I was that creative, but I loved doodling/drawing wedding gowns in boring Physics' class (haha, yeah I know). But I still managed an A2, so I wasn't complaining because it "showed" I was capable of being creative. heh.

Well, I (almost) signed up for that course, but I decided that I would pursue my other interest, which is writing (journalism) at that time. Partly, because I was scared that I didn't have it it me to be a fashion designer, who am I kidding? But looking back now, I do wonder what will be of me, if I went that way?

Of course, with no regrets, because I think I did something right as well, although now I'm just reminiscing my determination to learn how to use the sewing machine, well, I'm proud of myself, really. xD

After 2 1/2 years, I'm starting on a new chapter(once again), here's to me, continuing another journey, which I'm excited/anxious/scared/happy all rolled into one, I'll just pick up as I go, with no regrets of the past, but living in the present and with a future to look forward to.

blog comments powered by Disqus

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist A' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP