Oct 2, 2007

Faith. Marriage.

I know what you're thinking. Nope, I'm not thinking of marriage just yet, will let you know then. lol. Anyways, I decided to blog for the last time before I call it a night.



Being married, well, for Melody Kloska and Matt Behrs, they needed just the right potion which is faith to be rest assured that they're in for the real thing. Even though they've been together for 5 years, they were still skeptical, also due to failure in past relationships. After throwing a bottle (containing their marriage vows) in the lake on their wedding day, it was picked up by Fred and Lynnette Dubendorf who was married on the same beach, same day! and no, I wasn't going to say same time, lol. Exactly 28 years ago in 1979. So, now they proclaimed that they're in for the right one, you know "destiny" or that "it's meant to be" phrase.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing. But truly, I wonder, especially when I look at married couples, young or old... How do you know you're in for the real thing? Spending your lives together, till death do us apart? How does that really work? Are we pre-paired with our so-called "soul mate" and we just know the one to marry at the end of the day?

Quoting a lecturer, Mr Bernard, "Marriages are not always right. But in the end, what we look for is companionship," UNQUOTE. Well said, don't you think? Somehow a long the line, you'll tend love someone in spite of their ....... as to when you first like someone because of their .......

See how it changes? We're just giving in because we love that someone, and accept the way they are. I mean if we all start playing God, then we will end up being saints. =x

So, what I really meant to say... In just everything we commit ourselves into, be it marriage or something equivalent, we, human, just need a lil bit of faith to keep us going. To save us from our doubt, and to have the courage to take the next step in life.

You don't need to care about the other things, that you can handle it together. The future is dark, all you see is the 200 m in front. Follow that, take that first step. :)


Author's Note: I find myself really weird sometimes. You don't have to tell me that. I might end up as a psychologist? Marriage counselor? Hey, not too bad, eh?

Credit: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071001/ap_on_fe_st/odd_vows_in_a_bottle

0 spoken:

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist A' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP