Sep 3, 2007

What are we teaching the children?

I found something really interesting on the net and wanted to share this with you guys. Below are snapshots of a book, catered to children, I supposed. Forward thinking, and good teaching maybe? I'm not sure. Share your comments.


Everybody thinks we're really happy. But I am not.
My Dad is always working and when he's at home, he screams alot.
That really hurts me.


Mom cries sometimes because she doesn't know what to do.
Then she holds me, telling me about her unhappiness and problems.
It makes me feel very uncomfortable and strange.
I really wish dad could spend some time with me instead of screaming and yelling.


My Uncles Pete comes over sometimes. He lives with us every now and then.
He's really kind to me, holding me, listening to me and making me feel loved.

One night when was holding me, he started touching my private parts. Over time, he taught me to touch and play with his. It felt very strange, scary and a little good too. He told me it was OK, that this means he really loves me. This went on for several months. He told me, "This is our special secret"


Mom and Dad would fight. I thought they didn't love me. Maybe they fought because of me?

When I became a teenager, I started feeling really different from other guys.
Some of them called me names like, "Sissy", "Faggot", "Oueer", "Homo". I didn't know what they meant.


After a whole, I went to a counselor for help and advice. I told him my story and that I thought I was gay. He said I wasn't gay. I just messed my Dad's love and was taught wrong things by my uncle.



He said it was very bad what my uncle did to me. He should have never touched
my private parts, or have me play with his. The counselor said it wasn't my fault,
that my uncle took advantage of my need for Dad's love.

He explained that because I didn't experience affection with my father. That's how
I was looking for closeness with other boys, to fill the need for my Dad's love.



I felt so relieved. He said he would talk to my parents and help them understand.
He said he would also contact Uncle Pete and make sure he got help.

The counselor explained to my mom and dad about my struggle and need for Dad's love. He told them of my confusion about being gay. He told Dad that I needed his TIME, TOUCH and TALK.


Mom and Dad went to a counselor who helped them love each other more. They even stopped fighting, well at least, most of the time!

My counselor and I met with Uncle Pete. I told him how much he hurt me. He cried and asked me to forgive him. That helped me a lot.


Now I realized I'm not a gay.

Spending time with my Dad really healed my heart.
All I needed was is time, touch and talk.

Finally, I am happy at home



Happy ending after all. ^^;;;

4 spoken:

Jamie Lioh

Are you serious this book is for children??? OMG!!!

theuptownlife

haha. yup.

Vince

freaky stuff = =

Unknown

I think this book is to teach both. Kids and parents. As we know sometimes kids are very introvert, they are scared to tell the truth to the parents if someone do a bad thing to them. Especially in a sexual way. Like this book. They didn't know if it's right or wrong to have that situation and keep silent from their parents.
So by this story I think the writer wants parents and the children who read this have the courage to prevent something like this happen to them. Of if it's already happened then the kids know that it is wrong and will tell the parents about it (not hiding it anymore) and parents will have to learn how to help and cope with this kind of situation.
I think that's the moral that we can take positively from this book. And not just judging it from 1 point of view, but to see the whole big picture of it ��

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist A' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP